Action Research 2.0 Project Planning for Goce Dimeski [muokkaa]
E-Portfolio for Pupils
Overall aim: [muokkaa]
Raising reflection skills of pupils through the use of e-portfolio
Key words: [muokkaa]
E-portfolio, learning, pupils, Internet
Key developmental goals of the project: [muokkaa]
- Investigate pupils’ skills to reflect on their learning
- Exploring different approaches to teach about e-portfolio
- Selecting an appropriate way to present e-portfolio to pupils
- Search the Internet for easy to use e-portfolio sites
- Explore whether the use of e-portfolio improve pupils awareness of what they have learned and what they need to improve their learning.
Key research questions of the study: [muokkaa]
- How I can explain the concept of e-portfolio to my pupils?
- Can pupils at this age reflect on their learning?
- Will writing the e-portfolio be beneficial for them as learners and for me as a teacher?
Research methodology and methods: [muokkaa]
I'm working in primary school in Prilep, Macedonia. For this project I choose pupils in 7 grade. With pupils in 7 grade I'm working project in different application. Work with project enable work in groupe and collaboration between pupils. Also my ARP will be enable collaboration between pupils and pupils-teacher.
Research ethics: [muokkaa]
Pupils who will use e-portfolio to reflect on their learning will be volunteers. They will be informed that only the teacher will have access to their e-portfolio. In this way their privacy will be fully protected. Pupils will collaborate only on technical difficulties they might have when writing the e-portfolio.
Review of relevant literature [muokkaa]
- Electronic Portfolio - http://free-eportfolio.wikispaces.com/ ; (february, 2009)
- Portfolios in Middle and High Schools - http://www.aurbach.com/gp3/middle.html ; (february, 2009)
- Categories of ePortfolio sites - http://electronicportfolios.org/categories.html ; (february, 2009)
- Electronic Portfolios in Education - http://www.uni-salzburg.ac.at/zfl/eTeaching_Skills/eTeaching_ePortfolio/index.html ; (february, 2009)
- Electronic Portfolios - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_portfolio (february, 2009)
- Book from teaching for 10 themes and one of them is Electronic Portfolio. The teaching was sponsored by USAID (january, 2009)
Activity plan: [muokkaa]
- February 1st – 15th – Explore the relevant literature on using e-portfolio with pupils and search the Internet for an appropriate site where pupils can have their portfolio written.
- February 15th – February 30th – Prepare the lecture on e-portfolio, make the decision on its structure and how and where the pupils will write it
- March 1st – March 6th – Prepare a short questionnaire for the pupils to test their understanding of e-portfolio as a tool for assessment and how reflecting on one’s own learning can help in the learning process
- March 9th – Start with implementation
- Week 1 of implementation: Select the volunteers for the project, and explain what e-portfolio is and how it is created. Ask the students to fill in the questionnaire.
- Week 2 of implementation: Follow the progress of the pupils and continue with the regular work on ICT projects which are a part of their everyday work at school.
- Week 3 of implementation: Help pupils who has difficulties in writing their e-portfolio and encourage themselves to help each other.
- Week 4 of implementation: Ask pupils once again to fill in the same questionnaire. Set up a meeting with each pupils who participated in the project and discuss his/her opinion on whether the e-portfolio has improved their learning and whether it can be used as a tool for assessment.
- April 6th – May 30th – Writing the report about the project.